[Catalyst] Numerous Authorization queries

Jason Kuri jayk at ion0.com
Thu Nov 13 17:59:14 GMT 2008

> Yes, this is the "intended" behaviour. The data isn't cached in any
> way. What I've done to circumvent that is to load all of the roles as
> a hashref in $c->stash->{ user_roles } in my auto sub, and just
> consult that stash data whenever i need to check roles.

Brian, is this really true?

Using the DBIx::Class store?

It is supposed to keep the roles information at least through the
current request - it pulls it out of the DB and stores it in the user
object.

If it is re-requesting the role data from the DB multiple times per
request, I consider that a bug.  Can anyone send me a test showing
that behavior?

Jay