[Catalyst] Making proxy requests cooperate with uri_for

Dave Rolsky autarch at urth.org
Thu Nov 13 18:06:54 GMT 2008

On Thu, 13 Nov 2008, Matt S Trout wrote:

> On Mon, Oct 20, 2008 at 12:23:38PM -0700, Ashley wrote:
>> This might be a simple question but I've never had to do it before,
>> Googling for it is difficult, and none of the main docs seems to have
>> the info.
>>
>> I want to run myapp_server.pl script as a proxy as if it were from a
>> dir.
>>
>> This is easily accomplished with
>>
>>     ProxyPass /from_dir http://localhost:8080/
>>     ProxyPassReverse /from_dir http://localhost:8080/
>>
>> The problem then is $c->uri_for("/") returns http://localhost/ when
>> http://localhost/from_dir is what is really needed.
>
> Dave Rolsky (autarch) had a proxystuff branch that handled this at one
> point, but I'm unsure what happened to it.

Nor am I ;)

There was talk of someone (not me) writing more Engine tests before it was
merged, but I don't think that ever happened. FWIW, I did write tests for
the bits I changed, IIRC.

-dave

http://VegGuide.org               http://blog.urth.org
Your guide to all that's veg      House Absolute(ly Pointless)