[Catalyst] Auth::PAM??

Michael Higgins linux at evolone.org
Fri Nov 14 00:28:27 GMT 2008

I had the idea to make an app that authenticates against PAM.

Can this be done? There is Cat:P:A:C:PAM, but

[warn] Credential class "Catalyst::Authentication::Credential::PAM" not found, trying deprecated ::Plugin:: style naming.
[error] THIS IS DEPRECATED: Catalyst::Plugin::Authentication::Credential::PAM has no new() method - Attempting to use uninstantiated

So... too bad that wasn't patched into the module docs somewhere. As you can imagine, it took quite a bit of digging to get it to work enough to tell me it was deprecated. :(

OK. There is a Authen::Simple option that doesn't apparently work either. Had to run script as superuser to have perms to read /etc/shadow. Even then, it failed with no particular error.

So, maybe someone on the list can suggest some working, non-deprecated way I can authenticate users against those who have a username on the server? Or am I totally wasting my time?

Cheers,

--
 |    |ichael  |   |iggins    \^ /
 michael.higgins[at]evolone[dot]org