[Catalyst] Auth::PAM??

Michael Higgins linux at evolone.org
Fri Nov 14 02:00:18 GMT 2008

On Thu, 13 Nov 2008 16:45:30 -0800
"J. Shirley" <jshirley at gmail.com> wrote:

> On Thu, Nov 13, 2008 at 4:28 PM, Michael Higgins <linux at evolone.org>
> wrote:
> > I had the idea to make an app that authenticates against PAM.
> >
> > Can this be done? There is Cat:P:A:C:PAM, but

.... but the OP is a moron. Yes, these both work just fine.

I'm *really* sorry for the noise. I just went back and tested both with, uh, my _actual_ username and password???

So,
        if ( $c->login( $user, $password  ) ) {

with

__PACKAGE__->config->{'Plugin::Authentication'} =
           {
               default_realm => 'members',
               realms => {
                   members => {
                       credential => {
                   class =>'PAM'

works, and so does:

       if ( $c->authenticate( {username => $user, password=>$password } ) ) {

__PACKAGE ...
                   class =>
# 'PAM'
'Authen::Simple',
authen => [
{
  'class' => 'Passwd',
  'args' => {
    'path' => '/etc/shadow'
  }
},

So both work and work just fine.

Puzzling to me is that the latter version throws this:

Passwd path '/etc/shadow' is not readable by effective uid '1000'. at /usr/lib/perl5/vendor_perl/5.8.8/Catalyst/Authentication/Credential/Authen/Simple.pm line 29
Compilation failed in require at script/testapp_server.pl line 55.

But using the "deprecated" one doesn't, apparently, need it. Weird.

Thanks for your replies, sorry for the noise.

> "Port Catalyst::Plugin::Authentication::Credential::PAM to the new
> system.  It's really simple in most cases."

I guess that is the answer, then? I guess I'll have to have a look, just as soon as I can get my head out of my, ehrm, nether parts.

As usual, Catalyst rocks.

Cheers,

--
 |    |ichael  |   |iggins    \^ /