[Catalyst] Catalyst, MVCs and other MVCs

Matt S Trout dbix-class at trout.me.uk
Sat Nov 15 19:54:33 GMT 2008

On Tue, Nov 04, 2008 at 05:56:51PM +1100, Adam Clarke wrote:
> Our first experiences of trying to use
> it were quite frustrating - there were zillions of dependencies to be
> met and this could take a fair bit of perseverance since they would
> often fail to install for reasons which were difficult to determine. I
> believe this situation has improved significantly.

If you have a rig capable of installing both XS and non-XS CPAN modules
at all, Catalyst -should- install cleanly.

If it doesn't, we want to hear about it. Or at least I do.

I was highly amused to see that Mark Stosberg (CGI::App maint) recently
complained that Catalyst had far too many dependencies and he didn't like
that ... having counted them against a SUCCESSFUL INSTALL.