[Catalyst] Auth::PAM??

f00li5h f00li5h at pin21.com
Mon Nov 17 02:40:12 GMT 2008

On Sat, 15 Nov 2008 07:24:54 +1100, Michael Higgins <linux at evolone.org> wrote:

> Nov 14 12:01:54 lappy perl: pam_unix(system-auth:auth): check pass; user unknown
> Nov 14 12:01:54 lappy perl: pam_unix(system-auth:auth): authentication failure; logname=mykhyggz uid=0 euid=0 tty= ruser= rhost=

pam_unix needs to be run by a user that can read /etc/shadow... IE root.

I discovered this little joy recently ... since PAM on my Mac box was happy to auth users (since apple use some funky directory thing)

in the end I changed my auth to use Authen::Simple::SSH

--
=^_^=
($site = $email) =~ s/\@/./;