[Catalyst] Dispatching in Catalyst::Controller::SOAP::DocumentLiteralWrapped

Ian Sillitoe ian at sillit.com
Fri Nov 28 14:34:14 GMT 2008

I'm also new to this so any opinion is offered very much on a FWIW basis. I
pretty much had this conversation the other day with ruoso on #catalyst - I
don't have a copy of the logs but I'll provide a summary as I understood it.

The document you pointed to (same document as I pointed to) is a good
description of the different styles of WSDL. However, I was reminded that,
regarding DocumentLiteralWrapped, this doc is really just an opinion since
MS have provided no official specification for it (this is mentioned in the
"Where is doc/lit wrapped defined?" section).

I certainly agree that it would be good to have C::C::S::DLW dispatching
similar to RPC/Literal (name of the first child element) as that was my
understanding of how it should work. Perhaps at least to allow this to be
the default if no SOAPAction was explicitly provided.

I could be wrong, but I also got the impression that the developers have
already invested a fair amount of time providing this and maybe don't have
tons of spare time for further development (especially supporting a style of
WSDL that they clearly aren't very impressed by :). Basically that
suggestions/fixes are probably best accompanied by suggested patches.

-- =

Ian Sillitoe
CATH Team -- http://cathdb.info