[Catalyst] mix authentication stores

Matt S Trout dbix-class at trout.me.uk
Wed Oct 1 02:07:05 BST 2008

On Tue, Sep 30, 2008 at 02:26:41PM -0500, Jonathan Hall wrote:
> Not directly... it's not even possible in DBIC to have relationships
> between different databases, which is essentially what you're talking
> about doing.

Unless you count mysql as a database in which case ->table('otherdb.foo')
works just fine.

But yeah, DBIC's relationships are specifically things that can be JOINed.

LDAP doesn't count. Fortunately, see my point about store and credential
being different in auth as a possible approach. I'm poking Jay Kuri to
elaborate and/or tell me I'm talking crap :)