[Catalyst] Re: fcgid

Aristotle Pagaltzis pagaltzis at gmx.de
Thu Oct 2 04:58:08 BST 2008

* John Beppu <john.beppu at gmail.com> [2008-10-02 02:40]:
> Have any of you ::Engine::HTTP::Prefork users written init
> scripts for starting and stopping your Catalyst apps?

I must admit, not yet. The server I’m on is an RHEL5 VM – not my
choice, but I didn’t have another. Problem is, I couldn’t find
any guide for writing RHEL init scripts as solid as eg. the
Debian sysadmin guide, mostly just largely-cargoculted example
scripts that I would have to cargocult in turn. Maybe I’m just
dumb and/or blind, I dunno.

If anyone has a good reference resource, I would greatly
appreciate a pointer. I’ll publish the result too if there’s any
interest.

Regards,