[Catalyst] Sending E-Mails

Bogdan Lucaciu bogdan at wiz.ro
Thu Oct 2 12:18:48 BST 2008

On Thursday 02 October 2008 13:32:24 goetz wrote:
> I created a simple form for contact informations ( using email,
> FormFu ).
> When I use Catalysts built-in HTTP server receiving e-mails from this
> form works fine.
>
> As soon as I run the app using  FastCGI and Apache no emails will be
> send.
>
> At the moment I really don't know if it is a catalyst, a postfix or an
> apache
> problem.
> So it would be helpfull if somebody could push me in the right
> direction.

Not much info given in your email.

- how are you sending your emails? using an external SMTP server? or the
system MTA?
- anything found in the mail logs? maybe the mails got to the mail server and
they were rejected/ignored
- paste the bits of code that send the email
- try isolating the mail code in a small script and run it on the production
server as the apache user (or whatever user your app is running under right
now). Make sure you don't ignore any errors.

--
Bogdan Lucaciu