[Catalyst] Success stories please

Mark Keating mdk at shadowcatsystems.co.uk
Mon Oct 6 00:16:57 BST 2008

On 6 Oct 2008, at 00:01, J. Shirley wrote:

> On Sun, Oct 5, 2008 at 2:04 PM, Matt S Trout <dbix-
> class at trout.me.uk> wrote:
>> http://perlbuzz.com/2008/10/whats-the-state-of-perl-web-frameworks.html
>>
>> Shout out your support please, let's show the wider world that
>> we're -the-
>> real MVC option right now. And be honest - I don't think anybody
>> thinks the
>> docs are perfect or the learning curve's as shallow as it could be,
>> but that
>> doesn't mean Catalyst isn't still awesome.
>>

> Andy apparently just wanted to start a flamewar.  This "article" is
> idiotic, the reasons more so.  I'm disappointed in perlbuzz in general
> as it now holds the same amount of respect as getting my news from The
> National Inquirer.
>
> I'd encourage people to rather blog about finding the article to be in
> poor taste, then post their success stories.  Commenting here or on
> that blog entry is going to be buried.
++ to this

Ignore the arsey blog post with a conversation that had no value as an
opinion of any sort. If someone were to do a frank and open blog post
on the state of MVCs and where Cat stands in that, that'd be cool. It
would be pointless to indicate the guy was being a provocative idiot.
Destructive arguments and comments are easy (ask his partner) we
should be constructive.