[Catalyst] strict stash vars

Ian Sillitoe ian at sillit.com
Fri Oct 17 18:30:51 BST 2008

> I wonder if there is a stricter stash plugin to store vars?
> I mean stash that knows what exactly variables have been created,
> so if I make a typo in my template file, it will croak about invalid var.

Try turning on the 'DEBUG_UNDEF' flag in your TT2 config:

http://template-toolkit.org/docs/manual/Config.html#section_DEBUG

---

  use Template::Constants qw( :debug );

  my $template =3D Template->new({
    DEBUG =3D> DEBUG_UNDEF
  });

DEBUG UNDEF

This option causes the Template Toolkit to throw an 'undef' error whenever
it encounters an undefined variable value.

---

Cheers,

Ian

-- =

Dr Ian Sillitoe
CATH Team -- http://cathdb.info

"Advice is what we ask for when we already know
the answer but wish we didn't" -- Erica Jong