[Catalyst] PDF creation in Catalyst?

Ashley apv at sedition.com
Wed Oct 22 19:26:06 BST 2008

On Oct 22, 2008, at 11:08 AM, Kirby Krueger wrote:
> If you go to catalystframework.org, it says on the main page:
>
> 	And in case you want PNG or PDF output, you'll need just a few
> lines...
>
> Can someone give me those few lines? :-)

I hope someone will have something more directly helpful with a code
snippet (I'd love to see it too) but essentially this is a PDF
question, not a Catalyst one excepting how to plug in another view in
addition to your TT which is easy and in the docs.

If no one ends up having any good fish to offer, this is a good set
of places to start casting the old rod n'reel.

  http://www.perlfoundation.org/perl5/index.cgi?pdf
  http://www.google.com/search?as_q=pdf
+create&as_sitesearch=www.perlmonks.org (etc)
  http://search.cpan.org/perldoc?PDF::FromHTML (maybe? to take your
current page output and run it into PDF though this might not give
much control)

If the stuff isn't dynamic and you really can't wait, it might be
faster to create them yourself from the HTML you've got (print to
PDF, manipulate in Acrobat or something) and serve them as static files.

-Ashley