[Catalyst] test server running off of ipv6?

marcus.baker marcus.baker at gmail.com
Thu Oct 23 19:31:39 BST 2008

I'm running off of a linode ubuntu image, ipv6 is compiled into the kernel.

When running my app_server.pl, it's binding to ipv4.  Via netstat -ntl:
tcp        0      0 0.0.0.0:3000            0.0.0.0:*               LISTEN

>From reading around it seems like there's some situation where linux
machines can't listen to ipv4 and ipv6 at the same time.  Again, it seems
that ipv6 support is compiled in so I can't disable it via the modprobe
aliases and would rather not bother recompiling (although it looks like I
may have to).

I'm wondering if there's been any attempt to get the test server going on
ipv6?  I attempted altering Catalyst::Engine::HTTP to use IO::Socket::INET6
instead of IO::Socket::INET, seemed to get it listening a bit but then it
seemed like there were other pieces of code that also need to be updated to
work on ipv6 and didn't want to get to far into it without seeing if
progress had been made elsewhere.

Ultimately if I don't find anything I'll either recompile or just get apache
up on ipv6 and run my test server through that.

-Marcus