[Catalyst] automatic session expiry in Catalyst::Plugin::Session::Store::File

BUCHMULLER Norbert norbi.lists at nix.hu
Tue Oct 28 12:52:30 GMT 2008

Hi,

we use Catalyst::Plugin::Session::Store::File as the session storage, and
removing expired sessions seems to be a bit troublesome for us.

First question: do you have any good ideas/best practices to do that?
(Then I can create a POD patch to help newcomers like me.)

Second question: what's the current state of affairs regarding
auto-expiry in the session storage backend?
(described here:
http://search.cpan.org/~nuffin/Catalyst-Plugin-Session-0.19/lib/Catalyst/Plugin/Session/Store.pm#Auto-Expiry_on_the_Backend)
What I'm mostly interested in: is it still encouraged to go that way? If
so then I'll try to create a patch for C::P::Session::Store::File to
perform auto-expiry using the expiry mechanism of the underlying
Cache::FileCache. (Though I'm not 100% sure how it can handle per-key
expiry if used..)

norbi