[Catalyst] GENTOO ebuilds: important change in keywords

Michele Beltrame mb at cattlegrid.info
Thu Oct 30 12:23:50 GMT 2008

Hello all!

Gentoo overlays management made the following changes to the ebuilds
in the perl-experimental overlay:

1 - All ebuilds in dev-perl are now marked as unstable (~arch).
2 - All archs have been removed except for ~x86 and ~amd64

All packages in the overlays are not intended as stable, so they can't be
marked as such. If you use amd64 or x86 you can unmask the ebuilds by adding
them to /etc/package.keywords. Yes, they're a lot, so (unless you're using
paludis instead of portage) you'll likely want to use autounmask.

If you are on another arch and actually use the ebuilds and you're
willing to provide feedback, please drop me an e-mail and I'll try to
have the ~yourarch keyword added.

Thanks,
Michele.

--