[Catalyst] Xml data to html

J. Shirley jshirley at gmail.com
Mon Sep 15 21:29:52 BST 2008

On Mon, Sep 15, 2008 at 12:53 PM, Pedro Guevara
<peter at capybara-software.com> wrote:
> Well I thought to make a script but It's going to take me a lot of time.
> Because is a complex tree of data, so I supossed that some module of
> Catalyst would do it for me.

[stop]

No, Catalyst is an MVC framework.  It helps structure -your- code and
other code into logical compartments so that it is easier to develop,
maintain, etc.

What you want is "perl".  That's the programming language Catalyst is
written in.

> It's like
> <libraries>
>     <library name="Wolf">
>           <book name="The King">
>           <book name="The Queen">
>     </library>
>     <library name="Fox">
>           <book name="The Castle">
>           <book name="The Dragon">
>     </library>
> <libraries>
>
> And it retrieves: like html
>
> Libraries
>
> I expect you could understand me...
> Thanks for your help...

You probably want XSLT, since it is exactly for transforming XML to
other formats (such as HTML).

There are many ways to do this, and many perl modules available to help:
http://search.cpan.org/search?query=Xslt&mode=all

-J