[Catalyst] [patch] Catalyst::Authentication::Store::DBIx::Class's authenticate parameters Documentation

Greg Matheson drbean at freeshell.org
Wed Sep 17 04:37:25 BST 2008

On Tue, 16 Sep 2008, Jason Kuri wrote:

> I've updated the id_field documentation, hopefully to clear things
> up.  I'll see about pushing a new rev up in the next few days.

> The new id_field doc snippit is below.

> =item id_field

> Note that this is used B<ONLY> when restoring a user from the session
> and
> has no bearing whatsoever in the initial authentication process. Note
> also
> that if use_userdata_from_session is enabled, this config parameter
> is not used at all.

> --- snip ---

> Does that clear things up for you?

Thanks, that helps.

Setting id_field in the configuration to
Catalyst::Authentication::Store::DBIx::Class, I was just
cargo-culting from the Catalyst::Manual::Tutorial::Authentication
documentation.

If I hadn't seen it there, I wouldn't have tried fiddling with
it.

And I see the reason my application started working was not so much my
fiddling with id_field, as my accidental inclusion of the
primary key in the arguments to authenticate.

Perhaps the id_field option should be removed from the Tutorial.