[Catalyst] Help! Need help deploying app to Apache

Tomas Doran bobtfish at bobtfish.net
Wed Sep 17 21:54:05 BST 2008

> Is there a way to know what path Catalyst is looking for the file?
> What was
> the precise error? Whatever info more you need, I am able to
> provide. Please
> help me...
>
> Thanks for your time reading this,

strace is your friend.

Copy your apache config to /tmp, reset it to a high port for testing,
reduce the MinSpareServers to 0, MinSpareServers to 1, and set
StartServers to 1 (assuming the prefork mpm here..

Then start your apache with strace -f, and grep out index.tt (i.e.
say something like: sudo strace -f /usr/sbin/apache2 -f /tmp/
debugapache.conf 2>&1 | grep index.tt | tee /tmp/apache-syscalls.log)

Then hit the index page of your app, and you'll get what you want in
the output...

Cheers
t0m