[Catalyst] tips for troubleshooting/QAing Unicode (was Re: Passing UTF-8 arg in URL to DBIC search)

Lee Aylward lee at laylward.com
Mon Sep 29 03:34:27 BST 2008

On Sun, Sep 28, 2008 at 07:16:07PM -0700, Darren Duncan wrote:
> That seems strange.  I wonder if something in your template handler or  
> other part of your app is trying to DWIM for you and is getting it wrong. 
> Are your source files actually UTF-8, both the prior and new versions?  
> Are you explicitly declaring that in one place and not another?  I 
> wouldn't expect the addition of Japanese text to suddenly make the other 
> characters look correct by itself unless there's some DWIM going on.  I 
> suspect you made some other change between the two versions as well, such 
> as saving the source file in a different encoding.

The odd thing is that I can revert back and forth between the two
versions. If I remove the Japanese text and resave the templates
non-ascii text will no longer work. If I add the Japanese text back it
will work again. I have explicitly saved the templates as utf-8 from vim
using the ':set enc=utf-8' command on all the templates before saving.

I am thinking it may be something with TT, but I have set the ENCODING
option in the TT view module.

I will keep investingating and let you know what I find.

Lee Aylward
-------------- next part --------------
A non-text attachment was scrubbed...
Name: not available
Type: application/pgp-signature
Size: 197 bytes
Desc: Digital signature
Url : http://lists.scsys.co.uk/pipermail/catalyst/attachments/20080928/e32229cd/attachment.pgp

More information about the Catalyst mailing list