[Catalyst] Re: How to detect if the current form request is a post?

kevin montuori montuori at gmail.com
Wed Apr 1 14:16:14 BST 2009

 DD> Limiting the side effects of laziness and bad practices with other bad
 DD> practices ... well, that's an interesting argument, I'll give you that.

that's funny.

all other things being equal, since catalyst controllers can be method
agnostic there's no reason to limit the application's functionality by
only allowing POST or whatever.  even in circumstances where the HTML
should direct the browser to POST, accepting GET is often very handy.
using openssl s_client to debug code behind SSL encrypted connections,
for instance.  (that's not to imply that it's not possible with POST,
but it's less trivial.  particularly at 3 am.)

i think the maxim is:

  be strict in what you send and generous in what you receive.

applications adhering to this philosophy tend to last.

k.

--
kevin montuori
montuori at gmail.com