[Catalyst] C::Engine::HTTP taking very long

Andrew Rodland arodland at comcast.net
Mon Apr 20 10:08:21 GMT 2009

On Monday 20 April 2009 04:35:05 am Terence Monteiro wrote:
> I'm getting very high times when running my Catalyst application in
> standalone mode. I used Devel::NYTProf and zeroed in on a few subs in
> Catalyst::Engine::HTTP which take long:

The times for accept are because accept is the function that waits for a new
incoming connection -- not a bug, 100% expected. The time spent in inet_ntoa
is your system DNS resolver choking while trying to reverse-lookup the source
IP address of the request. Most likely situation: you're using RFC1918
addresses and your network is set up improperly to do DNS for these. If you
can't fix this, hosts file entries might alleviate the problem.

Andrew