[Catalyst] Perplexed Catalyst newbie

Matt S Trout dbix-class at trout.me.uk
Mon Apr 20 13:28:55 GMT 2009

On Sun, Apr 19, 2009 at 01:05:25PM -0700, Sean McAfee wrote:
> I changed $c->model('Language') to $c->model('DB::Language') in my
> controller, but as far as I can tell, nothing has changed.  I still get
> Quiz::Model::DB::Language objects back, not Quiz::Schema::Language objects.
> The snippet above produces the same output, including the oddball unblessed
> array reference.

Model::DBIC::Schema uses $schema->compose_namespace which creates
Quiz::Model::DB::Language as a subclass of Quiz::Schema::Language so that
if you want you can create a lib/Quiz/Model/DB/Language.pm file to add
Catalyst-app-specific methods to your row objects.

A documentatoin patch for Model::DBIC::Schema explaining this more clearly
would be very welcome.