[Catalyst] Local action in controller not mapping to template (retry)

Andrew Rodland arodland at comcast.net
Mon Apr 20 13:55:19 GMT 2009

On Monday 20 April 2009 08:42:16 am Anne Brown wrote:
> t0m,
>

> My development environment is a Windoze VISTA 64-bit OS, running Apache
> 2.2.11,
> and perl 5.8.8 and plain old CGI.   My other development environment is the
> same except for a Linux OS and is having the same problem.
>

> You said that :Private makes an action not dispatchable, however, the line:
>

>      sub index : Private {}
>

> in my root controller renders the main template.

That's legacy and you shouldn't do it. It should be

  sub index :Path Args(0) { ... }

Having index be a private action made no sense, which is why nothing does that
anymore -- the helper scripts don't generate it, and the tutorial doesn't show
it. It only still _works_ so that old apps aren't broken.

Andrew