[Catalyst] Local action in controller not mapping to template (retry): Solved

Anne Brown lovallama at gmail.com
Mon Apr 20 15:20:42 GMT 2009

Matt S Trout-2 wrote:

>> Apache says:
>>
>>        File does not exist: c:/webs/webapp/www/somecontroller/
>
> Then the request isn't even getting to Catalyst. Check your apache config.

Matt,

To prove what you said, a die statement in the :Local action produced the
same apache error.   Thanks for that.

So why would these requests be captured by Catalyst:
    http://webapp.thing/
    http://webapp.thing/something
while this one isn't:
    http://webapp.thing/comecontroller/something

As you suggested, I checked the vhosts file and sure enough, the problem was
with the RewriteRule.  I changed this:
    RewriteRule ^([A-Za-z0-9-]+)?$ index.pl/$1
to this:
    RewriteRule ^([A-Za-z0-9-/]+)?$ index.pl/$1
and problem solved.

Thank you very much.  I spent many hours scratching my head on that one.

Anne