[Catalyst] how to reuse Catalyst Schema for non-web purposes?

oliver.g.charles at googlemail.com oliver.g.charles at googlemail.com
Wed Apr 22 22:12:08 GMT 2009

kakimoto at tpg.com.au wrote:
>    Good morning. I am interested in hearing more about this.
> IMO the best place for your business logic is the controller.
> A view is made out of the html (usually templated with a templating
> system such as template toolkit).

I believe the main suggestion is not to move the logic into another part
of MVC, it's to move it *out* of MVC completely. A well structured
Catalyst application will have MVC for Catalyst that are all just glue
to your applications backend - which should be totally independant of
Catalyst.

--
    Oliver Charles / aCiD2