[Catalyst] Tutorial for cache?

Octavian Râsnita orasnita at gmail.com
Thu Apr 23 20:38:22 GMT 2009

From: "Jonathan Rockway" <jon at jrock.us>
>* On Thu, Apr 16 2009, Peter Karman wrote:
>> I had the same experience and just switched to the File cache plugin
>> instead.
>
> Are you storing big things, i.e. pieces of data bigger than the cache
> "pages"?  If so, fastmmap will silently not store those pieces of data.
>
> In general, I find it very flaky, and would recommend something else.
>

>From the portability perspective, I think that Cache::FileCache should be
always prefered in order to allow installing some apps or cpan modules under
Windows also.
If somebody installs a certain app or perl module under Unix and want a
better cache, I think it would be very simple to change it with a better
caching system so it won't be a big issue.

I tried to install some cpan modules like MojoMojo and AngerWhale under
Windows in order to test them, but with no success until now...

Octavian