[Catalyst] unexpected behavior of $c->request->secure and $c->request->base

Tomas Doran bobtfish at bobtfish.net
Sun Apr 26 11:48:36 GMT 2009

On 26 Apr 2009, at 00:13, Bill Moseley wrote:

> On Sat, Apr 25, 2009 at 04:23:50PM -0400, Hans Dieter Pearcey wrote:
>> On Sat, Apr 25, 2009 at 06:29:50AM -0700, Bill Moseley wrote:
>>> The SSL decryption is happening on Apache and Apache is proxying the
>>> request to Catalyst.
>>
>> What?  No it isn't.  It's using mod_perl; there's no reverse
>> proxying going on
>> from the config snippet paste.
>
> Indeed, my mistake -- I assumed a front-end proxy when the original
> post mentioned running on a non-standard port.  It didn't even cross
> my mind that Catalyst wouldn't be behind a proxy or load balancer.

That said, I think that what you originally described would be
terribly useful - although I think it'd be better implemented as a
request class role than as a plugin.

I vote for the headers being:

being the request headers, but I'm open to suggestions.

Would anyone like to volunteer to work on this? It'd be fairly easy
and _really really_ useful for a whole range of people, I for one
promise to send patches ;)...

Cheers
t0m