[Catalyst] RFC: Sample press release and announcement homepage

John Napiorkowski jjn1056 at yahoo.com
Mon Apr 27 01:39:14 GMT 2009

--- On Sun, 4/26/09, Kieren Diment <kieren at diment.org> wrote:

> From: Kieren Diment <kieren at diment.org>
> Subject: Re: [Catalyst] RFC: Sample press release and announcement homepage
> To: "The elegant MVC web framework" <catalyst at lists.scsys.co.uk>
> Date: Sunday, April 26, 2009, 5:23 AM
>
> On 26/04/2009, at 7:18 PM, Kiffin Gish wrote:
>
> > I had a couple issues when running cpan
> Catalyst::Runtime, namely I
> > first had to install manually:
> >
> > - Class:MOP
> > - Moose
> >
> > Perhaps it'd be a good idea to make sure that the
> installation runs
> > without errors before making the announcement public?
> >

> Odd, I just installed Catalyst-Runtime on a clean Ubuntu
> system and
> had no problems.

Offtopic, but found a similar issue when trying to install to my Macbook Pro. I had a version of Moose that was a few versions back and when I upgraded Moose to the newest was able to install.  I didn't mention it because I wasn't sure if it was my borked up setup (I work on Moose an have a few different version in different local libs and my setup is far from clean)

I haven't had time to fully debug, but if other people get it could be a situation were they have a version of Moose already but it's an older version that is meeting the Makefile requirement but nothing meeting some other requirement.

That would account for it installing cleanly from a empty lib.  But that's a guess.

John