[Catalyst] how to reuse Catalyst Schema for non-web purposes?

Matt S Trout dbix-class at trout.me.uk
Mon Apr 27 11:02:35 GMT 2009

On Fri, Apr 24, 2009 at 02:08:14PM +1000, kakimoto at tpg.com.au wrote:
> I took off the 'Authentication::Store::DBIC' from my "use Catalyst qw(" in myApp.pm.
>
> This is such that " Catalyst/Plugin/Authentication/Store/DBIx/Class.pm" will not be required.
> After all, no such thing exists(checked cpan).

Right, that's because only -old- authentication stores were under
Catalyst::Plugin::Authentication::Store:: - the new style stores aren't
plugins because they don't need to be so they're under
Catalyst::Authentication::Store::

> Strangely, when I run scripts/myApp_server.pl,
> I got this message:

> [error] Caught exception in myApp::Controller::Root->auto "Can't call method "user_is_restorable"
> on an undefined value at /usr/local/lib/perl5/site_perl/5.8.9/Catalyst/Plugin/Authentication.pm line
> 168."

Without seeing your current config I can't tell you waht's gone wrong there.