[Catalyst] script/myapp_server -r Can't exec "/usr/bin/perl" every 3 or 4 restarts

Mike Glen mike.glen at mindsweep.net
Mon Apr 27 11:45:29 GMT 2009

Matt S Trout wrote:
> On Thu, Apr 23, 2009 at 09:51:59AM +0100, Mike Glen wrote:
>
>> I think it might be due to line 335 in HTTP.pm
>> 335         $ENV{PERL5LIB} .= join $Config{path_sep}, @INC;
>>

> Hmm. That's to try and make sure -I calls on the original perl invocation
> get included. I guess what you need to do is try something like -
>
> my %already;
> @already{split(quotemeta($Config{path_sep}), $ENV{PERL5LIB})} = 1;
>
> $ENV{PERL5LIB} .= join $Config{path_sep}, grep !$already{$_} @INC;
>
> or so.
>
> Fancy having a play and seeing if you can come up with a patch for us?

I have played around with this for a while and have made some progress.
What seems to be happening is that with every restart @INC is increasing
in size.
New directory paths are being added
These are being created by appending the following to each existing path
/i386-linux-thread-multi
/5.8.5
/5.8.4
/5.8.3
/5.8.2
/5.8.1
/5.8.0

Each of these new paths are unique so no obvious way I can see to filter
them out
And finding out why @INC is being added to in this way is beyond the
scope of my current knowledge.