[Catalyst] The Netiquette thread (OT)

Simon Wilcox simonw at digitalcraftsmen.net
Tue Apr 28 10:33:46 GMT 2009

On 28/4/09 11:13, J. Shirley wrote:

> Addendum: Don't drive away prolific responders by responding to single
> lines uttered as an aside, because you have your own gripes.

You mean me, obviously. In response all I'll say is that I picked you up
  when you had repeatedly complained about top posting. It wasn't in
response to a single line but your repeated complaint and in particular
you automatically complaining about top posting when the OP hadn't done
any such thing in the case to which I responded.

But I'm sorry if I caused you any offence, I realise that I was in
danger of trolling which wasn't my intention at all. That's why I didn't
  continue the discussion.

You are more helpful on the list that I am, as you know more about
Catalyst that I do, so I don't really have a good position from which to
criticise.

I did consider sending this as a private email but I'll send it back to
the list to acknowledge that meta-complaints just don't help. I'll
endeavour not to repeat the mistake !

Rgds,

Simon.