[Catalyst] Final RFC for Press Release!

John Napiorkowski jjn1056 at yahoo.com
Tue Apr 28 13:29:06 GMT 2009

There's a new edit of the Catalyst press release, which was graciously donated by a copy edit expert mst found for us.  mst++

Please take a look: http://dev.catalystframework.org/wiki/releaseannouncements/58pressrelease.edit

Now, there's a lot of changes and it's much shorter.  Basically, the editor felt it should be short enough to fit various syndication models, that we should pull out all the opinion stuff and to remove links since that will just pull traffic away.  I choose to leave in links to the release homepage, since that's at the bottom of the copy and not likely to distract from the text, but is valuable as it brings people to a good place to start exploring.  On the release homepage I tried to reorganize some of the stuff from the earlier PR copy.  I think it will work better this way, but I really need people to log into:

http://dev.catalystframework.org/wiki/releaseannouncements

and add their personal advocacy or howto stuff in the, "Blogs and third party discussions" section, which is looking thin.

This edit was done by an expert in these matters.  I realize it says less than many of us would prefer, given the excitement and sense of accomplishment we feel.  However, I really think this should go out ASAP (before swine flu news drowns out anything else) and filling in the gaps is something we should do with our blogging or through more additions to the wiki.

Let's get some last comments and then devise a strategy to get it distributed as far and wide as possible.  For the moment, let's try to consider the page 'locked' keep our comments to the ML or IRC chat.  I want to set a deadline for comments of 6pm UTC (see http://www.worldtimeserver.com/current_time_in_UTC.aspx) if you need help figuring that out) and then started sending it around.

Thanks!

jnapiorkowski