[Catalyst] Final RFC for Press Release!

Edmund von der Burg edmund.vonderburg at gmail.com
Tue Apr 28 15:44:08 GMT 2009

I like that press release - it is short enough to get read and
sufficiently light on detail not to make people feel that the learning
curve will be too steep.

2009/4/28 John Napiorkowski <jjn1056 at yahoo.com>:
> and add their personal advocacy or howto stuff in the, "Blogs and third party discussions" section, which is looking thin.

At the risk of showing my age I've always been a fan of the Be.com
press releases:

  http://web.archive.org/web/20010106174100/www2.be.com/aboutbe/pressinfo.html

Those pages are from 2001 - the company subsequently folded.

Anyhoo - I think that they set a good example of haw to do press. I
especially like that at the end of each press release they had a
'About Be' section that set the scene.

Perhaps we should add something similar to our press releases:

-----------------

About Catalyst

Catalyst is a framework for building web applications of all sizes. It
allows clean separation of all the components and embodies most
current best practices. Developed and maintained by a worldwide group
of enthusiasts and professionals it is continually evolving. Written
in Perl it is easy to work with and extend using code available on
CPAN. It is stable and widely used in business critical applications.
It is open source and free to use. Enjoy.

tweak at will :)

Cheers,
  Edmund.

--