[Catalyst] Can't seem to use forward or detach. Any special requirements?

kakimoto at tpg.com.au kakimoto at tpg.com.au
Wed Apr 29 12:20:48 GMT 2009

> Yes.  If you detach(), you're basically saying 'do nothing more on
> this request'.  That plus the redirect mean that template processing
> is not done, as I understand it.  This is no doubt dealt with in the
> action

  Hi, Ian,
  The app works fine except that I have set up an eval block within my
controller.
  My detach call comes right after the redirect call.

  It looks like this:

            $c->res->redirect($c->uri_for('/users/subscriptions/added '));
            $c->detach ();

   What's weird is that on my terminal, the catalyst debug messages
extract reads:

[debug] User subscription (id, 1278) updated in database.
[debug]  update: trapped exception - catalyst_detach

   Any idea as to what this means?

> And please, please pay attention to what people are saying about
> your
> quoting style.  You're *still* leaving the whole source message in
> your reply, and this is annoying a wide proportion of the list whose
> help you want.

  Yep, I am working on it. Sorry, everyone. Will improve:)

Good night, all :)