[Catalyst] website member urls

Merlyn Kline merlyn at zynet.net
Thu Apr 30 08:24:31 GMT 2009

    It could be also helpful if we could find a way to create urls like

    http://user.hostname.com/

    dynamicly as Google blogger site does.
We do this with a wildcard A record in the DNS and an Apache URL rewriting
rule that moves the hostname into the path. When I started writing my app
(in Catalytic pre-history) there wasn't any support (that I could see) in
Catalyst for using the hostname in the rules that decide when an action is
invoked and what parameters to pass to it. Things have moved on a lot since
then though so perhaps the URL rewriter could be replaced with a better
action description now.

Merlyn