[Catalyst] Jason Kohles' tutorial on ExtJs editable data gridsandCatalyst

Adam Witney awitney at sgul.ac.uk
Thu Apr 30 16:34:55 GMT 2009

> The error I get is :
> "[error] Caught exception in AdventAjaxGrid2::View::JSON->process
> "encountered object
> 'AdventAjaxGrid2
> ::Model::AdventAjaxGrid2DB::Affiliation=HASH(0x91b8270)', but
> neither allow_blessed nor convert_blessed settings are enabled at /
> usr/local/share/perl/5.8.8/JSON/Any.pm line 426."
>
> I couldn't figure out how to enable those settings from the JSON-Any
> write up on CPAN. How is that to be done?

from my limited experience, this seems to come up when you are not
sending proper JSON to the JSON view. Check the code before the line:

$c->detach( $c->view( 'JSON' ) );

to see what you are sending it (The error suggests you are pushing an
object to it, in the calendar example he sends a reference to an array
of hashes).

HTH

adam