[Catalyst] upgraded to latest catalyst runtime 5.8 and Catalyst::Plugin::Upload::Image::Magick::Thumbnail::Fixed cant be loaded

J. Shirley jshirley at gmail.com
Thu Apr 30 23:36:11 GMT 2009

On Fri, May 1, 2009 at 8:22 AM, <kakimoto at tpg.com.au> wrote:

> > Any suggestions for a sane(r) approach? As it's a plugin I've used I
> > might be able to find some tuits to experiment with an
> > implementation.
>
> Are there many of us using ImageMAgick in their apps?
>
>  I'm just tempted to use Catalyst::Request and
> Image::Magick::Thumbnail::Fixed or Image::Resize directly (ie not as a
> Catalyst plugin).

I wouldn't touch something like this as a plugin, period.

My method is to have what essentially amounts as a file type dispatcher
which takes incoming uploads passed in, then redirects to whatever is the
most appropriate model class.

I have a Model::Upload, as well as Model::Upload::Image and
Model::Upload::Video -- in the controller, I just do:
  $c->model('Upload')->process( $upload );

Put all the important bits in the model, and let it go from there.
Depending upon how you associate stuff with the users and the DB changes.
My method is to actually allow multiple Models, so I have a User processor
that runs after the Image/Video processor -- and that is what stores the
associations in the DB.

I am also actively trying to release this set of modules, but ... still some
kinks to work out before it is releasable.  However, this strategy has
worked very well for me.

-J