[Catalyst] Creating Catalyst Models from MSSQL

Meeko meeko.lists at gmail.com
Mon Aug 3 19:37:37 GMT 2009

I'm having trouble here at work creating models automatically using
DBIx::Class::Schema::Loader from our MSSQL database.

We use FreeTDS on Red Hat, and the MSSQL Server is Windows 2003 and SQL
Server 2005.

We've been using Perl for many years to create plain CGI and mod_perl apps,
with no problem connecting to the MSSQL database.

I can connect to the MSSQL database using:

'tsql -S MyServer -U MyUsername -P MyPassword'

and execute queries just fine

I can also connect to and query the database in Perl using:

'my $dbh =3D DBI->connect("dbi:Sybase:MyServer", 'MyUsername', 'MyPassword'=
);'

However, when trying to create a Catalyst Model, I get:

'perl script/MyApp_create.pl model MyModel DBIC::Schema MyApp::SchemaClass
create=3Dstatic dbi:Sybase:MyServer MyUser MyPassword'

'DBIx::Class::Schema::Loader::make_schema_at(): DBI Exception:
DBD::Sybase::st execute failed: Server message number=3D208 severity=3D16
state=3D1 line=3D1 server=3DMyServer text=3DInvalid object name 'sysrowsetc=
olumns'.
 [for Statement "SELECT * FROM sysrowsetcolumns WHERE ( 1 =3D 0 )"] at
/usr/lib/perl5/site_perl/5.8.8/Catalyst/Helper/Model/DBIC/Schema.pm line
173'

Does anyone have any idea what's going on, and how I can get this working?
 I'm relatively new to Catalyst, but not Perl.  I've created a few simple
Catalyst apps using MySQL and never had a problem
with DBIx::Class::Schema::Loader, but it would be really helpful if I could
begin creating Catalyst apps with our MSSQL database.  Thanks for any help.

- Meeko