[Catalyst] XSD Validation of Forms

Alejandro Imass alejandro.imass at gmail.com
Thu Aug 6 16:15:05 GMT 2009

I did something cool these days for a client and was thinking that
perhaps might be a cool plugin for Catalyst.

I created a B2B app for a client that has both HTML and XML API. So I
decided to convert the HTML/XHTML requests to XML, the same XML format
as the XML API and validate both with the same XSD. Laziness, of
course, of having to maintain an HTML field validation scheme PLUS an
XSD validation scheme using LibXML. Hope you're following me here...

So, it occurred to me that perhaps XSD validations can be perhaps more
useful and powerful than Formbuilder's declarative validation oin
yaml.

Does anyone here think this might be interesting? Maybe it already
exists, but the whole thing came out so cool, that I thought it might
be useful for the Catalyst / Perl world in general.