[Catalyst] ldap authentication/db authorization

Steve Rippl rippls at woodlandschools.org
Mon Aug 10 03:18:40 GMT 2009

Hello!

I have a question that is hopefully trivial for someone here, but I
haven't seen any examples.  I have an app I'm building, used by folks in
an Active Directory network.  It's got a DBIx model and I'd like to use
that for role based authorization and getting staff members
grade/building info etc (it's a school district), but I'd like to (just)
authenticate against ldap.  I don't want to store any user/role data
there (obviously their username is in there and it matches what I have
in the db), simply try to bind against it as the user, then get store
data from the database.  This way they can use their network passwords
and I don't have to fill AD with application specific info.

Make sense? Easy to do?

So far I'm doing it all via the db...

name WsdSis
<authentication>
  default_realm dbic
  <realms>
    <dbic>
      <credential>
        class Password
        password_type clear
     </credential>
     <store>
        user_class DB::Staff
        role_relation  roles
        role_field role
      </store>
    </dbic>
  </realms>
</authentication>

and
use Catalyst qw/
                 -Debug
                 ConfigLoader
                 Static::Simple
                 StackTrace
                 Authentication
                 Authorization::Roles
                 Session
                 Session::Store::FastMmap
                 Session::State::Cookie
                /;

What would these look like if I'm able to squeeze the ldap plugin in
there?  Can I have 2 Authentication::Store backends in there?

TIA,
Steve

--
Steve Rippl