[Catalyst] Loading template according to request path

J. Shirley jshirley at gmail.com
Tue Aug 11 19:44:27 GMT 2009

On Tue, Aug 11, 2009 at 12:09 PM, Matt Whipple <matt at mattwhipple.com> wrote:

> Is there a presently existing mechanism which flexibly allows for template
> selection according to the request URI?  For instance a request to
> www.myapp.com/somepage would set something like stash(template =3D> '
> somepage.tt') if the file exists and continue to be processed by the
> appropriate or default action.
>
> I wrote something which does this which I'm about to spend some time
> cleaning up and optimizing but don't want to be reinventing any wheels
> (especially likely smoother ones).

> Searchable archive:

This is the default behavior for View::TT, as it says in the POD:

If a stash item isn't defined, then it instead uses the stringification of
the action dispatched to (as defined by $c->action) in the above example,
this would be message, but because the default is to append '.tt', it would
load root/message.tt.

Is that not what you wanted?

-J