[Catalyst] Netiquette (was: Reading Database At Startup)

Denny 2009 at denny.me
Wed Aug 19 19:13:31 GMT 2009

On Wed, 2009-08-19 at 19:40 +0100, Tomas Doran wrote:
> On 19 Aug 2009, at 15:35, Matt Koscica wrote:
>
> > On Wed, Aug 19, 2009 at 9:44 PM, Eden Cardim <edencardim at gmail.com>
> > wrote:
>
> Why did you feel that quoting Eden's entire post, including signature
> was a good idea? Bottom posting and including the _ENTIRE_ message is
> even worse that top posing IMO, as it forces the reader to scroll
> past the message _they just read already_...

Yes, but.  Didn't we have this discussion a few months ago, with zero
result?

Specifically, J. Shirley almost always does this (bottom posting after
quoting entire message _with list sigs too_), and gave some other people
a hard time for pointing out that it's actually really unhelpful, in
reply to him pointing out quite stridently that he doesn't like
top-posting.  Apparently as long as you post at the bottom it doesn't
matter if it's easy to read your reply or not.

Digging through archives, that discussion seems to start around 1pm on
27 April 2009 (GMT/UTC), although the top posting discussion started
prior to that.

Regards,
Denny