[Catalyst] Splitting up a large application: Shared config and templates for multiple applications

Tomas Doran bobtfish at bobtfish.net
Sun Aug 30 17:21:48 GMT 2009

On 28 Aug 2009, at 17:55, Rodrigo wrote:

> Anyone building applications out of multiple small Catalyst
> applications like this?  How do you set up the apps to share
> templates and a config?  Anything more interesting than passing in
> paths?
>

> I have a working module called CatalystX::Featurizer that I've been
> using in an app at $work. It's still at a very early stage, but I'm
> just going to push early. No POD included, no tests... You've been
> warned. :D
>
> http://github.com/rodrigolive/catalystx_featurizer

Nice :)

I'll look into this more closely when I have chance (this week
hopefully) and give you some deeper feedback.

One of the things I've been thinking about significantly is how
'features' can ship templates in whatever the feature author's
preferred template language is, but allow customisation of those
templates (or, more importantly, of the fragments those templates are
made from) in a different template language - so using feature X
doesn't force the application author to have to use TT or Mason or
whatever.

I'm interested in your approach to this - given you've obviously
thought of this (on some level at least), as you're already supporting
TT and Mason.

Cheers
t0m