[Catalyst] Partial page cache plugin

Tomas Doran bobtfish at bobtfish.net
Wed Dec 9 09:11:01 GMT 2009

On 9 Dec 2009, at 02:51, Peter Karman wrote:
> I guess I'm saying that I'd be happy to have a go at some patches if
> I had some sense of what isn't working for people with the current
> design.
>
> Consider this a general gripe request. :)

As far as I'm aware, most issues with the general cache plugin come
down to:

1) It is very badly documented
2) It isn't particularly trivial - i.e. it can do a lot for you (which
most people don't want)

These two together means it's non trivial for someone to just pick up
and use...

So I think fixing and restructuring the documentation would go most of
the way to solving people's issues with it. That said, I'm not really
using it in anger - therefore maybe I'm wrong, and there needs to be
a ::Plugin::Cache::Simple which was just for the common use-cases.

I don't really care, other than knowing that being CHI specific is
daft - whatever is 'recommended' that people should work for anything
which does the ::Cache interface..

Cheers
t0m