[Catalyst] How to join catalyst dev server?

Eden Cardim edencardim at gmail.com
Thu Dec 10 16:03:14 GMT 2009

    Emmanuel> Hi , I am using Catalyst 5.8015 and when I start my dev
    Emmanuel> server (script/myap_server.pl) now I can only reach it
    Emmanuel> through localhost:3000.

    Emmanuel> script/bibliolist_server.pl -r You can connect to your
    Emmanuel> server at http://localhost:3000

    Emmanuel> I'd like to be able to reach it to the real server name as
    Emmanuel> http://foo.bar.com:3000

    Emmanuel> With this new behavior, I cannot reach my dev server
    Emmanuel> located on another machine.  Is there a solution to solve
    Emmanuel> this unless open a forwarded port through ssh port 3000?

That really depends on your network setup and has nothing to do with
catalyst. Assuming your routing and firewall are properly configured to
allow access that port on that machine, and assuming you're using a
unix, a cheap solution would be to manually add

X.X.X.X foo.bar.com

to your /etc/hosts file

--
   Eden Cardim       Need help with your Catalyst or DBIx::Class project?
  Code Monkey                    http://www.shadowcat.co.uk/catalyst/