[Catalyst] Plain text extraction [update]

Nilson Santos Figueiredo Jr. acid06 at gmail.com
Fri Dec 11 17:52:46 GMT 2009

On Tue, Dec 8, 2009 at 7:56 PM, Anton Katsarov <tony at katsarov.org> wrote:
> Unfortunately SWISH::Filter cannot work on shared hosting. It needs some
> binaries. :-(

Several modules will require external binaries, which can be a pain in
a shared hosting environment as usually, the hosting company is
unwilling to install anything not trivial to install.

I suggest you consider getting a VPS in Slicehost, Linode or similar
services, if it fits your budget (I think it's about $15-20 a month
for the cheapest plan). You'll get root access and will be able to
install anything you want yourself.

-Nilson Santos F. Jr.