[Catalyst] Sub-classing Application

Bill Moseley moseley at hank.org
Wed Dec 16 16:13:03 GMT 2009

I have an existing application Foo.  I'd like to create a new application
Bar that has very similar actions.

What I'm wondering is if there's a way where I could run catalyst.pl Bar to
create a new empty application and then tell it to inherit from Foo.  That
is load_components would load all of Foo's Models, View, Controllers
(basically creating in-memory empty sub-classes for each component) and
setting up all actions as if they were in Bar.  I could then override or add
additinal actions as needed to Bar::Controller::Whatever, which would
inherit from Foo::Controller::Whatever.

Any ideas how to implement something like that?

-- =

Bill Moseley
moseley at hank.org