[Catalyst] Sub-classing Application

Bill Moseley moseley at hank.org
Wed Dec 16 18:22:29 GMT 2009

On Wed, Dec 16, 2009 at 9:59 AM, J. Shirley <jshirley at gmail.com> wrote:

> It seems you're after something that would best be accomplished using
> roles that get composed into the controller.

Ah, of course.  I think that's a good idea.  I rewrote a bunch of plugins
and other code using Roles and indeed it was pretty painless.

Means I need to make mostly duplicate and empty controllers for both Foo and
Bar applications but seems like a reasonable price to pay.

Now, I just need to think about good ways to "inherit" my temples (if not
simply modifying my INCLUDE_PATH) so that templates can be shared (or
overridden).

Thanks,

-- =

Bill Moseley