[Catalyst] Apache + mod_perl + Digest-SHA fails

Stuart Watt swatt at infobal.com
Wed Dec 16 21:33:09 GMT 2009

Tomas Doran wrote:
> Er, no - your fcgi process manager loads the app and calls fork() for =

> you, so you get memory sharing.
Sorry, you're right - we're using a very limited process manager and it =

doesn't fork. We use some nasty nonthreadsafe legacy C code.

Since on Windows both types of fork are emulated in Perl, whether in =

mod_perl or in the FCGI process manager, I guess the performance is =

almost equivalent. (Is this true? -- anybody benchmarked the two??)

That just leaves the pain of setting up mod_perl. I used to do that, but =

I never really enjoyed it.

--S

Stuart Watt
ARM Product Developer